BV DE BRUYN attaches great importance to the protection of your personal data and your privacy.
This privacy statement aims to provide clear and transparent information about the data that we collect and how we handle personal data. We make every effort to safeguard your privacy and therefore handle personal data with due care. BV DE BRUYN complies in all cases with the applicable legislation and regulations, including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- Contact details for questions about your personal data, your access to your personal data and requests for data rectification or erasure:
BV DE BRUYN is responsible for the processing of your personal data. If, after reading our privacy statement, you have any questions or if you wish to contact us, you can do so via the below contact details.
BV DE BRUYN
Vennestraat 6A, 2230 Begijnendijk, Belgium
(+32) (0)16 56 14 27
- What personal data do we collect?
The term personal data should be interpreted extremely broadly and includes all information that enables you to be identified as an individual. We process various categories of personal data, including:
- Identification data (e.g. first name, surname, and where applicable, profession/role)
- Contact details (e.g. postal and e-mail address, telephone number)
- Financial details (e.g. bank account numbers)
- Video surveillance
The data relating to you that we process is data that you have supplied to us directly, or data that we have obtained via one of the following sources, in order to verify or supplement our databases:
- Publications/databanks published by official organizations (e.g. the Belgian Official Gazette)
- Websites/social media pages containing information that you have made public yourself (e.g. your own website)
- Databanks made available to the public by third parties (e.g. Graydon)
In certain cases, we also collect data about you while you do not have a direct relationship with us, for example in your capacity as a potential client or as an applicant for a vacancy at BV DE BRUYN. In contrast, information about legal entities does not fall under the category 'personal data'.
- For what purposes is your personal data collected?
Your personal data is collected by BV DE BRUYN:
- To fulfil our legal and regulatory duties
- To execute a contract:
- Customer management
- Supplier management
- Management of staff and intermediary administration and the work schedule
- On the basis of a legitimate interest:
- For evidence of transactions: the management of disagreements and disputes
- On the basis of your consent:
- Public relations
- Use of the personal data:
We use the data collected only for the purposes for which we have obtained that data.
- Exchange of personal data:
The data that you have provided may be passed to third parties by us, where this is necessary for the realization of the aforementioned objectives. We will only share your personal data with:
- Service providers in the support of our internet environment (web-hosting) and the IT infrastructure (including IT network).
- Service providers who supply services on our behalf for the execution of the contract (e.g. transport companies)
- Certain regulated professionals such as lawyers, notaries, auditors, accountants
- Financial and judicial bodies, public or governmental bodies, upon request and insofar as permitted in law
We will never pass personal data to third parties with whom we have not concluded a data processing agreement. Within the data processing agreement, we document the necessary agreements made with those who process personal data on our behalf (data processors), in order to guarantee the security of your personal data.
We will never pass the data provided by you to third parties, unless this is mandatory and permitted in law.
We may also share your personal data with third parties if you provide written consent for this. You are entitled to withdraw this consent at any time, without this affecting the legitimacy of the processing prior to the withdrawal of your consent.
We will not pass your personal data to parties based outside the EU.
- Storage of the personal data
BV DE BRUYN will not store personal data for longer than is necessary for the purpose for which it have been provided or for longer than is required in law. The personal data will therefore be stored for a maximum period of five years after the data was last used.
- Security of the personal data
We have taken suitable technical and organizational measures, as far as physically reasonable, to protect your personal data against unlawful processing and to maintain the accuracy of your data. This includes the following measures:
- Our staff have been informed about the importance of the protection of personal data.
- We apply a user name and password policy in all our systems.
- We create backups of the personal data in order to be able to restore this in the event of physical or technical incidents.
- We regularly test and evaluate our measures.
If, despite these measures, a breach of personal data should occur which is likely to constitute a high degree of risk to your rights and freedoms as data subject, the breach will immediately be reported.
- Your rights relating to your personal data:
You have the right to access, to rectify or to erase the personal data that we have collected about you. You are free to contact BV DE BRUYN at any time, via the aforementioned contact information, without any obligation on your part.
You are also entitled to object to the processing of your personal data (or part of your personal data) by us or by one of our data processors.
You are also entitled to request that we transfer your personal data back to you or that we transfer the data to a different party.
- Complaints relating to the processing of your personal data:
If you have a complaint regarding the processing of your personal data, we ask you to contact us via the aforementioned contact details. BV DE BRUYN will do its utmost to respond to your complaint as quickly as possible and will contact you no later than 30 days after receiving your complaint.
You are at all times entitled to submit a complaint to the Privacy Commission; this is the supervisory authority in the area of data protection.
- Changes to this Privacy Statement:
BV DE BRUYN can modify this privacy statement. Any modifications will be announced on our website. The last modification was made on 25 May 2018. Older versions of our privacy statement will be stored in our archive and can be accessed by sending us an e-mail.
By concluding an agreement or contract with BV DE BRUYN, the client accepts all the provisions of this privacy statement and consents to the collection and processing of his/her personal data by BV DE BRUYN in accordance with this privacy statement.
The privacy statement is likewise accepted by users of the BV DE BRUYN website, whereby the user consents to the collection and processing of his/her personal data by BV DE BRUYN in accordance with this privacy statement.